SPF 30 Facial Serum
This is not your average SPF! Fast absorbing and lightweight, this mineral based sunscreen formula leaves zero white cast upon application and is scientifically proven to not clog pores all while protecting you from harmful UVA & UVB rays.
This innovative formula pairs just as nicely with skincare as it does with your favourite makeup, so you’ll never have to compromise on sun protection again. Enjoy the incredible skincare benefits of Elderberry and Pongamia Pinatta Seed Extract, containing antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and reparative properties with high concentrations of flavonoids, a key ingredient in anti-aging formulas. A number of actives have been incorporated into this formula which act as SPF boosters, creating the ultimate skincare based SPF 30 sunscreen product.
1 fl. oz.
Shelf life: 2 years unopened & 6 months after opening.
Disclaimer: This is a mineral based sunscreen, meaning the sunscreen sits on top of the skin and helps physically shield it from harmful UV rays. This product must be applied as the last step in any skincare routine for effective sun protection. This innovative product can be worn under makeup application.
Shake well before use. Apply liberally to face and neck at least 15 minutes before sun exposure. Reapply at least every 2 hours.
Sun Protection Measures: Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a Broad Spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including: limiting time in the sun, especially from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. ; and wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses.
Non-medicinal ingredients: Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Bis-Behenyl/Isostearyl/Phytosteryl Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Bisabolol, Caprylic,Capric/Linoleic Triglyceride, Coco- Caprylate, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Jojoba Esters, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Pongamia Pinnata Seed Extract, Sambucus Nigra Fruit Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate
Medicinal ingredients: Zinc Oxide ...... 21.74%
Mineral sunscreen vs. Chemical sunscreen: What’s the difference?
- Also known as "physical sunscreen", mineral sunscreen relies heavily on zinc oxide or titanium dioxide to protect the skin against damage caused by UVA and UVB rays. These physical sunscreen filters work by creating a barrier on the skin’s surface that helps reflect the sun’s rays away from the skin, and they are ideal for both daily use as well as intense or prolonged sun exposure because they offer broad spectrum protection against both UV rays. They are typically white in colour and are always applied as the last step in a skincare routine.
Chemical sunscreens contain synthetic ingredients that penetrate the uppermost layers of the skin to absorb UVA and UVB rays before they can cause sunburn or other damage to the skin. They are typically clear in colour and are applied as the first step in a skincare routine. Because the ingredients are synthetic, it can at times cause mild irritations and reactions in individuals with sensitive skin.
Is mineral sunscreen a better option for sun protection?
- Yes! Here’s why:
1. Mineral-based sunscreens are suitable for sensitive skin types.
2. Mineral sunscreens are also recommended after professional treatments and procedures because they can be applied immediately afterwards without irritation to help shield compromised skin from UV rays that can prevent optimal healing.
3. Physical sunscreen filters can be used safely when swimming in the ocean without the fear of causing further harm to coral reefs.
Can you use mineral sunscreen on children?
- Of course! In fact the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) has advised against using chemical sunscreens with Oxybenzone on children since it is believed that children’s bodies are absorbing the chemical into the bloodstream. Mineral sunscreens are a great, non-toxic alternative for sun protection.